USAID Trade's 'Women in Trade Portal' to Facilitate Women Entrepreneurs & Increase Gender Integration across the Region
The USAID Trade Project is developing a dynamic Women in Trade Portal (WIT-P) to support their mandate of integrating more women entrepreneurs and professionals in global opportunities in the trade sector. The web-portal is being designed to become a powerful networking tool whereby women owned businesses may overcome scale constraints by developing network and market opportunities through the WIT portal. It is hoped that this portal will not only encourage cross border trade but will also be demonstrative of an effective trade facilitation tool that may be replicated at a larger scale for a national level trade portal.
Why A Women's Trade Portal?
The purpose of the WIT Web Portal is to:
- Provide women entrepreneurs the opportunity to tap international markets and suppliers. For example, a woman entrepreneur in Pakistan who sells cloth embellished with the famous Multani handiwork may discover a woman entrepreneur who wants to sell the same in her retail outlet in Delhi (India) or Kabul (Afghanistan). For this to be possible, the WIT-P will have:
a. An up-to date data base of women entrepreneurs in Pakistan and other countries in the region.
b. Strong and advanced search capabilities that can conduct search by country, product and city etc.
c. Space for exhibiting products/ services and their details.
d. Individual business pages that women entrepreneurs can develop on a fixed template (like a Facebook page).
- Host knowledge management material including country and/or product specific rules and regulations, contacts of Pakistans Commercial Officers for each respective country and latest trade related news.
- Support a mentorship program through blogging and mentorship matching functions whereby women may develop linkages for professional advice.
Who will use the Women in Trade Portal?
The users of this portal are categorized below :
- Women Entrepreneurs & Exporters.
- Importers and upstream businesses (both men and women owned) both with and without specific policies involving sourcing from women based businesses .
- Researchers, academia.
- Trade Facilitation Organizations and policy makers.
- Donor organizations
Who should Register?
Women entrepreneurs and exporters can register to promote their products and services online and explore local and international markets.
How To Register?
You can use any of the following ways to get yourself registered:
Disclaimer : The business information provided for this portal will be made public for marketing purposes. Users are requested to verify the information before making any transaction. USAID Trade Project will not be responsible for the authenticity of the information provided by the businesses and will not be party in any business deal generated through this web portal thereof.